Monday, December 15, 2008

2nds Challenge, 2009

J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog is hosting the 2009 2nds Challenge, which runs from January 1st to December 31st, 2009. These are the rules:
  • Anyone can join. You don't need to have a blog to participate.
  • Read 12 books by authors that you have only read once. It doesn't have to be a series.
  • You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009. Don't start reading until January.
  • You may list your chosen books any time during the year. Change the list if needed.
I'm joining this one. It should tie in nicely with several other challenges I'm planning to work on next year, including my personal "Reading the '90s" challenge.

At first glance, I thought this would be a tough one for me. Generally, if I like an author, I tend to read another book by him/her right away. So I wasn't sure I could come up with twelve likely writers. But after I thought about it for a while, I ended up with a fairly substantial list of authors to choose from. So my final twelve will probably include some of these names:

Margaret Atwood
John Bellairs
Saul Bellow
A.S. Byatt
Nancy Clark
Pat Conroy
Michael Crichton
Amanda Cross (Carolyn Heilbrun)
Penelope Fitzgerald
Michael Frayn
Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Graham Greene
Alice Hoffman
Garrison Keillor
Stephen King
Allen Kurzweil
Elinor Lipman
David Lodge
Jay McInerney
Steven Millhauser
Iris Murdoch
Walker Percy
Philip Roth
Susan Sontag
Josephine Tey
Scott Turow
John Updike
Carols Ruiz Zafon

To read more about the challenge, and to sign up, visit the challenge announcement page.

3 comments:

  1. Wanted to stop in and welcome you to this challenge. If you haven't already, feel free to join us at the Yahoo Groups where others are participating in this challenge as well as others.

    Awesome list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm debating whether or not to join this challenge. It sure is tempting!

    You've got a great list of authors there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: Byatt, choose Possession if you haven't read it yet. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.