Thursday, December 04, 2008

Herding Cats: Challenge Wrap-Up

I know I've neglected this – the challenge ended with the month of November. That's the 342,745 Ways to Herd Cats (tl;dr) Challenge, which began back in May (see the original announcement here). I think it was a great idea, and I'm glad to see that it looks like it's going to be repeated in 2009.

I ended up reading four books on the challenge list:

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
The Dark Is Rising by Susan Cooper
The Grey King by Susan Cooper
Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman

Before the challenge, I'd only read one other book by any of the authors. That was Over Sea, Under Stone, also by Susan Cooper. The challenge allowed me to read two more books in her Dark Is Rising sequence, plus it introduced me to two brand new authors. So I consider that a real success.

I want to thank Renay at Let's Get Literate! for hosting, and all the other participants for coming up with such interesting suggestions for books to read. And I'm already looking forward to Herding Cats 2: Attack of the Hairballs!

1 comment:

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.