Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Teaser Tuesdays: Out on a Lem





Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. The rules are these:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

This week, my teaser sentences come from Solaris, by Stanislaw Lem:

I summoned up all my remaining strength, straining every nerve, and waited for death. I went on waiting. . . I seemed to be growing smaller, and the invisible sky, horizonless, the formless immensity of space, without clouds, without stars, receded, extended and grew bigger all round me. [p. 90; note: the ellipsis in the second sentence is the author's]

2 comments:

  1. Wow...this sounds desolate and depressing. Very good teaser...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a good one. Never heard of it, I need to look again at some SF (nice blogs too!)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.