Monday, April 20, 2009

Books Into Movies Challenge Completed

Well, it seems that while I wasn't even paying attention, I managed to finish up another reading challenge. The Books Into Movies Challenge, hosted by Kathrin of CozyMurders.com, began January 1st and runs through this year. I don't think there was an official sign-up cut-off date, if you'd still like to join in.

Here are the books I read that qualify for the challenge, with links to my reviews and the International Movie Database pages for the films or TV shows:

The Age of Innocence, by Edith Wharton [at IMDB]
Angels & Insects, by A.S. Byatt [at IMDB]
Cover Her Face, by P.D. James [at IMDB]
Hotel Du Lac, by Anita Brookner [at IMDB]
Solaris, by Stanislaw Lem [at IMDB and also the Russian version at IMDB]
The Way Through the Woods, by Colin Dexter [at IMDB]

I want to say thanks to Kathrin for coming up with the idea and hosting, and to all the other participants for all those great reviews (and additions to my ever-expanding TBR list). I'm still working on posting my own reviews of some of the books – hope to be adding links this week. And even though I've wrapped up the challenge, officially, I'm sure I'll very likely be reading more works in this category throughout the year.

1 comment:

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.