Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday Thingers: All My Covers

This week's topic for the Tuesday Thingers group is about book covers:

Do you have any missing covers (they show as a plain gray book)? Did you have a favorite view (title, author, date entered)? Do you have any favorite covers? If so, is there anything they have in common?

This is a new one for me – I really didn't know anything about the "All Your Covers" feature at LT. I think it's really neat, but I have almost two thousand books listed in my library, and when I gave it a try, my covers just kept loading and loading and loading . . . until I got bored and gave it up. So I'm afraid I don't have a favorite view or a screen shot to share. But, yes, I have many, many "missing" covers; although in my library they don't show up as blanks because I've changed the default to the red marbled cover, which I have to admit makes all those "coverless" books look really garish when seen en masse.

Do I have favorite covers? Well, yes, I'm sure I do (I'm pretty opinionated, after all). But there again, to go through two thousand covers searching for all the ones I really love would take a bit more time than I'm eager to spend. But generally I'm attracted to covers with interesting artwork – I'm not too fond of the simple author/title designs, or covers with the author's name in twelve-inch type. And I'm also usually put off by "tie-in" covers, with photos of movie or TV stars. And there are some covers that I'm attracted to simply because they stir pleasant memories. These are just a few of my favorites.


Tuesday Thingers is hosted by Wendi of Wendi's Book Corner. If you'd like to see more or participate yourself, head on over to her blog and leave a comment.

5 comments:

  1. I like you Picasa collage...I tried one when I saw that but I had issues..as I often do..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Little Women cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on Library Thing too, but I didn't know of this feature. I'm off to try it out with my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I do love many of those covers you chose, and that Little Women one is a classic. I can't quite read the title, but I love the third one over - timeless beauty! Joy - I had no idea you had over 2,000 books on there! That is amazing. No wonder your covers never loaded!

    Thanks for stopping by and participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week. ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.