Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: Death Goes Right On Dancing

Well, since I'm still reading the same couple of books I've been reading for quite a while now, my teaser for this week comes from the same book as last week's – Dance of Death by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Looks like this is one I'll be finishing up at the beach later this week – but that's OK because it should be a great beach read. Anyway, here's my teaser:
"Out of habit, he glanced in his rearview mirror to see if he was being followed. There was no evidence of it, but – as Proctor well knew – the lack of evidence of being followed was not evidence of a lack of being followed." [p. 279]
Yes, and just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you, right? There's probably a point to be made there about invisible weapons of mass destruction, too, but it's much too early in the day to take that on.

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB17 at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or participate yourself, head on over to her blog. And these are the rules: Grab your current read; Let the book fall open to a random page. Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12. You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given! Please avoid spoilers!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I like this teaser! I hate the feeling of being followed LOL!

    mines here:
    http://carmen-krista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book sounds like a good thriller or a mystery. Hope you have a restful time at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good teaser, and true. If they're good at following, you shouldn't know they're there, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting Tease! Here's mine: Tease

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. . .now I'm going to worry about being followed today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good teaser this week! Looks like yet another book to add to my tbr list :) You can find my teaser here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome teaser. I will have to check this book out!

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a really good book, thanks for the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This goes hand in hand with my teaser yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.