Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday Thingers: Updating Books in a Hurry

This week's topic for the Tuesday Thingers group is about updating the books in your LibraryThing listing:

Were you aware that you could edit the book details from the cover images under Your Library? Do you have a quick way you like to update books that are already in your library?

Well, generally when I want to edit a book in my LT library, I just search for that book in my list and then hit the "edit" icon. But I did know that you could change the cover selection by clicking on the cover image in your book list. And that, of course, brings up the book page where you can edit all the other information, too. So I guess I did know about this feature, even though I didn't know I knew!

And Wendi also asks: Do you have any topics/areas you'd like to explore on Tuesday Thingers or general blog/book topics for the coming weeks?

I don't really have any very original suggestions for topics, but I do think there are some interesting things to be found on the statistics page that might be fun to look at – stuff I didn't realize they'd added. For instance, under Common Knowledge on your statistics page, you can check out all the different characters and places in your library, as well as some of the events – World Wars I and II, and the American Civil War figure prominently in my library even though I like to think I don't read war books. My husband must have snuck those in!

Tuesday Thingers is hosted by Wendi of Wendi's Book Corner. If you'd like to see more or participate yourself, head on over to her blog and leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. :) I haven't explored many of the new Statistics things yet - that sounds like a great one for this week!

    Thanks Joy!!!!! Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.