Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday Thingers: Listing e-Books

Been a while since I participated in the Tuesday Thingers group, so I thought I'd check back in. This week, Wendi (of Wendi's Book Corner) has some interesting questions about e-books:
Do you read ebooks? Have you used Library Thing to record ebooks in your book shelves? Whether you do or don't currently read ebooks, if you read one, will you be including it in your book shelves, and will you tag it as an ebook?
Well, I don't have an e-book reader, so any e-book reading I'd do would have to be done online. And I haven't done much of that. I think I've read three books online at Project Gutenberg, and I'm reading another right now (The Lair of the White Worm, by Bram Stoker). Gutenberg is a great source of older and out of print works – they have a wonderful list. But I'm not really a fan of reading long works on the computer, so it has to be something I really can't get anywhere else before I'm likely to go that way.

But if I did have a Kindle or other reader, and started acquiring e-books, I suppose I'd go ahead and catalogue them in my LT listing, along with all my print books. At least I don't see any reason not to. And then, yes, I'd definitely give them the "e-book" tag, along with my usual tags about genres, etc.

5 comments:

  1. I might try a Kindle, but I like the feel of the book in my hands. I've read one ebook and wasn't thrilled with the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have e-readers, and only add the books I read on them after I've read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably will never use an e-reader. I like having the book to hold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I think of it, I guess I did read a few short stories and poems online. But never a novel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. not a fan of the e-book, not a fan of the e-readers...but yes, if I ever got one, I would certainly put them on Library Thing. It's all about keeping track of that I own and what I read, whatever the format...especially since I don't buy it again.

    Welcome back to Tuesday Thinger!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.