Saturday, January 02, 2010

Fall Into Reading 2009: The Wrap-Up

I've put this off for a couple of weeks now, thinking I'd get more reviews written (silly me). But I guess it's really time to wrap-up the 2009 Fall Into Reading Challenge.

I read a dozen books during the course of the challenge, and enjoyed almost all of them – Bram Stoker's Lair of the White Worm is the only one I really wouldn't recommend to anyone. So I think that was a pretty successful season of reading. Only one of the books I read was actually on my original list of possible reads, but several had been on my TBR list for a long time; so the challenge definitely helped me there.

Here's the list of books I read, with links to reviews if any:
  1. New Year's Eve. Lisa Grunwald
  2. The Man in the Picture. Susan Hill
  3. The Woman in Black. Susan Hill
  4. From Doon with Death. Ruth Rendell
  5. The Friend of Madame Maigret. Georges Simenon
  6. The Lair of the White Worm. Bram Stoker
  7. Homer & Langley. E.L. Doctorow [review to come]
  8. The Uncommon Reader. Alan Bennett [review to come]
  9. Stardust. Joseph Kanon [review to come]
  10. The Lover. Marguerite Duras [review to come]
  11. Santa Clawed. Rita Mae Brown
  12. Christmas Card Magic. Margaret Perry
Thanks to Katrina at Callapidder Days for hosting, and to all the other participants for the many great reviews. I've added quite a few more titles to my "must read" list, and I always love it when that happens!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did very well. I'll be looking for your review on The Uncommon Reader.

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for another challenge done! I finished The Fall Challenge but don't even remember if I wrote a formal wrap up post or not. Fall and Winter and the holidays kind of all melted together this year. I saw you were doing the winter word challenge also--kudos to you for that--it looked like a hard one to me.
    Happy New Year!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.