Sunday, June 06, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at One Persons Journey Through a World of Books. If you want to let the world know what books you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link.

Well, last week went by in a flash, and I'm still reading The Forgotten Garden. But I really do intend to finish that one up tonight. So this week, I'll be starting on a couple of new books – one library book that has to go back soon, and an ARC that needs to get read and reviewed pretty quick. (Yeah, right.)
  • Finished last week:
    Nothing (lazy week, allergies making me crazy, French Open grabbing my attention)

  • Reviews posted:
    None (lazy week, yada, yada)

  • Reading this week:
    The Magicians, by Lev Grossman (the library book – haven't completely bonded with it yet, but so far it's holding my interest)

    Damaged, by Alex Kava

  • Next up:
    Not really sure. I'm supposed to have a book coming from the Early Reviewers program at Library Thing, so when/if it arrives, I'll be putting everything else aside for that. Also a couple of new books that look interesting, although I don't have copies yet: Fever Dream, the newest addition to the Pendergast series by Preston and Child; and the new Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid. I haven't read any of Riordan's Percy Jackson series, and I'm usually not much of a young-adult-fantasy fan. But I glanced at this new work at Borders the other day, and it does look intriguing. Might be a good summer-time read.

13 comments:

  1. I enjoyed The Red Pyramid more than I did The Lightning Thief. There's some great educational stuff in it.

    Here is my Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read so many wonderful reviews of the Magicians, but I didn't enjoy it. A few of my coworkers have read it too and they loved it. I hope you have better luck with the audio then me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damaged just made its way into my home yesterday. Hope we both enjoy it :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe me I've had lazy weeks myself. I've been pretty steady as of late but still only finishing maybe 1 a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reviews posted:
    None (lazy week, yada, yada)


    I love that ... I am having one of those week as well..

    Hope you finish that book that you are connecting with - it might get better closer to the end.

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son is listening to The Red Pyramid on audio, and I have a copy of it on my bedside table. :-) I hope you get some relief from your allergies soon!

    http://laughingstars.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I struggled with The Magicians - I hope you enjoy it more than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had a few of those lazy weeks! I think they're necessary, from time to time.

    Last week, I read everything on my list (my lists are never that long!), and I'm enjoying this week so far.

    Here it is:

    http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2010/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damaged is grabbing me by the arm! I hope you enjoy your reads and your week...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll definitely be interested to see what you think of The Magicians. We met Grossman at an event not too long ago and then my husband read the book. Wasn't necessarily his favorite ever, but he did find it interesting.

    Have a fantastic reading week and if you get a chance, stop by: Monday Reading's at There's A Book

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm waiting for a couple from LibraryThing too. I also have The Red Pyramid on my stack for summer reading. I thought it sounded good. My Monday post is here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm reading "Damaged" as well .. just started it, but it's pretty good so far.

    Listened to "Fever Dream" on audio .. one of the best I've "read" so far this year! I think you'll love it! My review is going up this week!

    My Monday is here:
    http://jewelknits.blogspot.com/2010/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-june-7.html

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.