Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays: The House Next Door

OK, this really is my Teaser Tuesdays post, even though I had Booking Through Thursday in the title for a while there. I just might be getting too old for this blogging business.

Last week I finished reading The House Next Door (by Anne Rivers Siddons) for the RIP V Challenge. It's a spooky tale about a very modern haunted house, and I hope to get a short review up soon (I'm way behind on reviews, so I can't really say what I mean by "soon").

This bit comes early in the book, and has the book's narrator and main character, Colquitt Kennedy, thinking that the new house next door is beginning to frighten her a little too much:
Our friends are going to think we have taken leave of our senses, and we are going to lose many of them.... We cannot worry about that either.
For the Harralson house is haunted, and in quite a terrible way. And it is up for sale again. [p.4]


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in a comment here.

12 comments:

  1. This would be a great book to read around Halloween! I'm going to check my library for this one. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teaser! Spooky for Halloween!

    Here's my TT: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, I know you don't want to do the "tag" part, and I think thats fine- but I'm still naming you as a recipient of an award on my blog. :o)

    Sarah
    http://sarahreadstoomuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for the review. Am interested in the premise and love the cover.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice teaser! Sounds like a spooky read

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't look haunted, though -- not from the book cover. Maybe the surprise makes it worse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A haunted house. Perfect for October.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun teaser today. Thanks for the visit today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spooky!! I love it!!

    Here's my teaser:
    http://sunnyreads.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday-girl-who-kicked-hornets.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to read this book.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.