Thursday, December 30, 2010

Challenge Wrap-Up: Fall Into Reading 2010


The 2010 edition of the Fall Into Reading Challenge, hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days, ended with the season, on December 20th. Once again, I read a dozen books during the challenge. Also once again, most of the books I read weren't on my list of possible reads when I started the challenge. But that's OK – I had fun, discovered a few new authors, revisited several old favorites, and polished off a number of books that had been on my TBR list for decades.

So I'm declaring this another challenge successfully completed. The one thing I haven't been too successful at is writing reviews of the books I read. Sorry about that. I still intend to post a few more of those in the next few days, and I'll add links as I do it.

Here's my list of books read, with links to the reviews that do exist:
  1. Cards on the Table. Agatha Christie
  2. The House Next Door. Anne Rivers Siddons
  3. Book of Shadows. Alexandra Sokoloff
  4. Animal Farm. George Orwell
  5. The Dark Half. Stephen King
  6. After Claude. Iris Owens
  7. The Vanishing of Katharina Linden. Helen Grant
  8. We Have Always Lived in the Castle. Shirley Jackson
  9. The Distant Hours. Kate Morton
  10. Juliet. Anne Fortier
  11. The Weird Sisters. Eleanor Brown
  12. The Thirty-Nine Steps. John Buchan
It would be really hard to choose a favorite from among those titles. I believe I was most pleasantly surprised by Book of Shadows by Alexandra Sokoloff – a new discovery for me. And I especially enjoyed Cards on the Table, as it featured my favorite Agatha Christie character, Ariadne Oliver. But I enjoyed all the other books too – not one of them was really awful!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I finished the challenge on November 29. I had 19 books on my list and one audio book I listened to.

    After I read a post a while back when you mentioned "Cards on the Table" I bought it to read. And now after your comment today I need to get it off my book shelf and read it.

    Happy Reading in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy, just popping in to wish you and your family a Happy New Year. May 2011 be filled with good books, good friends, good health and much happiness.

    Congrats on completing your challenge. I'll have to check out that Agatha book - one I haven't read yet so I'm not that familiar with the character. More of a Miss Marple and Poirot fan.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.