Friday, January 21, 2011

Return to Yesteryear

Even though I've always been a pretty devoted bookworm, for some reason I always experience a bit of a reading slump in January. I guess it might be the result of all that frenzied holiday-ing in December, or maybe just midwinter blues or something. Don't know. But I do know that the first of every new year usually means a slowdown in my reading schedule.

This year, though, I think I've found the solution. Children's books! Kiddie lit (and the Young Readers Challenge) seems to have perked me right up. So far, I've read four of these wonderful confections, and I've got another going now. Haven't gotten any reviews up yet, but I hope to do that soon (must remember my resolution about reviews this year).




1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's the feeling that plenty of time lies ahead and we can afford to be lazier than usual?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.