Friday, April 29, 2011

2011 Edgar Awards

At their annual awards banquet last night, The Mystery Writers of America announced the winners of the 2011 Edgar Awards. The award for Best Novel went to Steve Hamilton for The Lock Artist. Hamilton won out over the likes of Harlan Coben, Tana French, and Laura Lippman to take the top prize.

The award for Best First Novel went to Rogue Island by Bruce De Silva, and Best Paperback Original was awarded to Robert Goddard for Long Time Coming.

The Buddy Files: The Case of the Lost Boy by Dori Hillestad Butler won the award for Best Juvenile, and Best Young Adult went to Charlie Price for The Interrogation of Gabriel James.

You can see the complete list of nominees and winners on the awards website, TheEdgars.com.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, if this won out over French, it has to be good! Better go check it out...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.