Monday, April 18, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Well, last week I actually managed to finish a book for a change! I've been in a real reading slump for the last couple of months. Actually, though, I've been doing a lot of reading - blogs, magazines, journals, etc. Just not a lot of books. Which is not good, because I've got a lot of books that I need to read and that I want to read. So I've really gotta mend my ways soonish.

Here's the rundown:
  • Finished last week:
    The Girl Who Would Speak for the Dead, by Paul Elwork. Enjoyed this one quite a lot, and will try to get a review up later today.


  • Reading this week:
    The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady, by Elizabeth Stuckey-French. Started this one a month or so ago, but put it aside. Getting back to it now, and loving it so far.


    Art and Madness, by Anne Roiphe. Roiphe's new memoir is my latest Early Reviewer book from Library Thing (although the book has been out for a month now), so I need to get it read pretty quick.


  • Next up:
    Haven't figured this out yet, but possibly something for the Once Upon a Time Challenge. A little fantasy sounds really good right now.

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. If you want to let the world know what books you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.

9 comments:

  1. I'll be watching for your review because I hope to read The Girl Who Would Speak for the Dead soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had my eye on Art and Madness...I'm a big Anne Roiphe fan, and have read several of her memoirs.

    I've also enjoyed her fiction. Up the Sandbox was so much fun...and then there was the movie with Barbra Streisand.

    After reading one of her books recently, I discovered that Up the Sandbox wasn't her first novel...Digging Out, written under the name Anne Richardson was her first. I ordered it and now have my own "first edition" of hers. LOL

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your whole book list sounds great! I have to add them all to my to be read!


    http://cinnamonowl.blogspot.com/2011/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on The Girl Who Would Speak for the Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read Radio Shangri-La, a sort of a memoir of Lisa Napoli's visits to the tiny country of Bhutan. This week I am in a mood for something fun, light and fluffy, I am reading Janet Evanovich's Manhunt.

    Have a fun reading week and thanks for your visit to My Reading Corner today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover of The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady. What fun!
    http://www.joyweesemoll.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read The Girl Who Would Speak For The Dead.... sounds so good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a copy of the The Girl too and so can't wait to get to it!! Looks like you've had a great week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading a mixture of homework and manga this week. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.