Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays: Art and Madness

This week my teaser lines come from Anne Roiphe's new memoir Art and Madness. I've just started the book so I don't know that much about it, but I've enjoyed the bit I've read. Seems like it should be a quick read, which is what I need right now. In this snippet from page 43, the teenaged Anne is out on a date with an Andover boy she's only recently met.
My date and I had both read The Grapes of Wrath. I knew there was sex in the book but I wasn't entirely clear about who did what with whom. I did not confide this to my date.
The book's subtitle is "A Memoir of Lust Without Reason." So far, I haven't encountered any lust or madness, or even art for that matter. And as for Steinbeck's epic, I don't really remember it being particularly sex-filled. Sounds like I wasn't paying close enough attention.


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy the rest of the book. Interesting tease...

    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teaser! I don't remember much about the Grapes of Wrath either. I'll be interested to know if you like this book (and if you run into any madness)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser. And I don't think I've ever read The Grapes of Wrath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that feeling! Nobody wants to admit what they don't know.

    Here's my cinnamon roll teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never read the Grapes of Wrath, so have no idea if it had sex in the book or not. I hope you enjoy the Memoir, I read Radio Shangri-La last week, it was kind of a memoir of Lisa Napoli's visits to the small country of Bhutan. This week I wanted something fun, light and fluffy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.