Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays: The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady (II)

This week my teaser lines come from The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady, by Elizabeth Stuckey-French. I've already teased from this book once before. But I put it aside to read other things, and now I'm finally finishing it up. This excerpt comes from page 21, and refers to Suzi, the teenager who's just made the acquaintance of the book's main character, "Nance" (the radioactive lady):
...she liked to live dangerously, and, okay, it was entertaining, she had to admit, watching her mother getting angrier and angrier while trying not to,...but she had to make sure her mother didn't get too angry, or it would quickly stop being funny and start being scary. Whew. It was hard work being thirteen.
Yes, I know it must be, although my teenage years are a very distant memory. I suppose I must have been thirteen once upon a time, but right now that's pretty hard to believe.


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

18 comments:

  1. I am not sure about having a radioactive mother to be honest!


    Here's my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teaser! My teaser is from the latest in the Lumby Series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! I want to read this now :)

    Jules

    Mine is from The making of us by Lisa Jewell

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one. No matter what the situation, it *is* hard being thirteen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked being a teenager--fun times!

    Good teaser! Sounds like a funny book.

    We have one science fiction and two suspense ones this week:
    Here's the link to ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuedays-enders-game-and-live-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this on my desk to read. Sounds good. My tease is from a new culinary mystery.

    Crunch Time

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't remember 13! LOL Intriguing teaser! My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol!! she is right it''s not easy to be 13...it's not easy to be a teacher of a group of 13 years old girls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful teaser. This makes me want to check it out!! Girl, no more book buying!

    :D

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday: THe Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually, I do remember 13. I wouldn't go back for anything.

    My group's teasers are here: Quirky Girls Read

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I can remember 13. Hard, yes. I don't think I enjoyed making either of my parents angry!!

    I keep hearing about this book. Are you enjoying it? Not a good sign that you put it down...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been seeing this book everywhere so it's fun to read a snippet. Good teaser! If you get a chance, mine is here: http://readhanded.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser this week, Joy - though I swear, I was never that bad as a teenager. Really. My baby sister more than made up for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute excerpt. Thanks for sharing.

    All the best, Boonie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great teaser! And a character we can probably all identify with!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha! That's such a funny teaser. It tells a lot about the character. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That one made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.