Sunday, March 18, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Wow, March 19th! Hard to believe the month is half over, with spring just around the corner. This year is ripping right along, and I really haven't had a chance to catch my breath. Earlier this month, M and I took the big step and put the condo up for sale after talking about it for the last four or five years! And keeping the place primped and ready for potential buyers to look at has been much more time-consuming (and frustrating) than I expected. Not much chance for blogging or reading during the last couple of weeks -- or visiting other blogs (and I apologize for that), but I think things are settling down a bit now.

Anyway, all that means is that I'm still reading pretty much the same things I was reading two weeks ago. Haven't finished any books lately, haven't done any reviews. Boo-hoo, right?

At present, I've got several books started (as usual). But this week I'm mainly trying to finish up The Solitary House by Lynn Shepherd, The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman, and The Other Side of the Fire by Alice Thomas Ellis. So I've got plenty to keep me busy while I'm waiting for the house hunters to show up.



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. If you want to let the world know what books you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for moving home! : )

    I am on the third Little House book... it is slow-going. I had planned to read all 9 this month but I don't think that is going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you can get back into the swing of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a house on the market is a total pain. I hope yours sells quickly. I'll be anxious to see what you think of The Dovekeepers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can relate to the frustrations of selling house...I went through that five years ago, and it was just as the real estate market was going soft. I got out in time to get enough money...but the constant waiting for lookers was not fun! Good luck.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy your books. I am curious about The Dovekeepers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our book group is reading Dovekeepers next month....Hope it is good!

    Here's my
    It's Monday! What Are You Reading?!
    I'd love to have you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Solitary House sounds like an interesting read. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.