Monday, April 01, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


Well, here we are -- first Monday in April AND first day of the month.  Also April Fool's Day, and I was sorely tempted to do one of those "Gotcha!" posts for today.  Maybe talk about how I got through War and Peace plus several volumes of Proust last week -- NOT!  But that would be really lame, right?  Right.

So, truth.  In March, I managed to get back to reading after having a lot of STUFF get me off track earlier in the year.  Actually finished five books, although I'm still working on getting the reviews posted.  Here's what I read in March:


Of course, two of those are children's books, so they were easy to get through.  Nevertheless, I'm still pretty amazed.  Enjoyed almost all of them -- Cold Remains was hard to finish, but I'll have more to say about that in my review.

This week, I'm trying to finish up The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum (another children's book -- I seem to be on a roll...or in a rut), and The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner.  After that, I'm not sure what's up next.  How about you?  Got any idea what you'll read in April?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. If you want to let the world know what books you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read a Jonathan Kellerman book for awhile...I want to read Guilt! I'm off to check your review.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just listened to the Audio book of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz as read by Anne Hathaway It was really great. Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay - glad you enjoyed the books you read (for the most part) in March - I hope you enjy the ones you pick up this month too. I also have really enjoyed my book choices so far this year.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bookmarker on your header. I love bookmarker, can't ever have enough.
    I am reading Fat Profits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After I finish The Best of Us by Sarah Pekkanen, I'll probably read Elizabeth Berg's new book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guilt has an interesting cover. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these books are new to me...happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy busy week!! :) That's a great thing though sometimes!
    Have a lovely reading week!! What are you reading this week @ the Brunette Librarian’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found several "Happy Hollisters" books at Half-Price books -- I don't know how I missed that series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should read Wizard of Oz soon. I've never read it and I bought that pretty Penguin Threads edition!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.