Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays: The Small Hand


This week my teaser lines come from The Small Hand, a novella by Susan Hill.  It's been published in the same volume with another of her short works, Dolly. She writes such lovely, spooky tales and I always enjoy them.  But this snippet isn't scary -- just the narrator ruminating on his book buying habits.  Something I could really identify with.
My resolution every New Year is to halve the number of books I have and every year I fail to keep it.  For every dozen I sell or give away, I buy twenty more. (Chapter 2/Loc.183)



Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

11 comments:

  1. That teaser fits me. Great choice. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, very relevant teaser :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/09/teaser-tuesdays_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome teaser! I can so relate! My teaser comes from Strong Poison by Dorothy Sayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, does that sound familiar! ☺ My teaser: Oliver Twist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha cute teaser, such a relatable situation. Thanks for sharing and stopping by Bookmunchies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good resolution...thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! I think we can all relate to that.

    ~Angela @ Eat Sleep Breathe Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to check out Susan Hill. I have been in the mood for a little something spooky and don't want to re-read any of the Shirley Jackson stuff. Love e-readers so you can actually preview a book and not have to buy it if you don't like it. Plan on visiting the library on a more regular basis as well because I can so identify with your teaser!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.