Monday, May 04, 2015

Reading Update: April Wrap-up

While I was getting this update done, I read the news that Ruth Rendell has died.  She was 85 and had suffered a stroke in January.  I've read several of her Inspector Wexford books over the years, and always enjoyed them.  She also wrote "stand-alone" suspense novels under the Barbara Vine pseudonym.  Very sad to think that there won't be any more new Inspector Wexfords, but I've still got more than half the series to read, so I can console myself with that.

So...another month has winged its way outta here.  This year is really rushing by, isn't it?  But I did manage to read six books, which is quite a lot for me in one month.  Here's what I read in April:

The Witch of Painted Sorrows. M.J. Rose (2015)

The Fifth Gospel. Ian Caldwell (2015)

A Fine Summer's Day (Inspector Ian Rutledge #17). Charles Todd (2015)

Wylding Hall. Elizabeth Hand (2015)

As the Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1). Damien Boyd (2013/2015) 

Fear the Darkness (Brigid Quinn Thriller #2). Becky Masterman (2015)

Now I need to spend some time taking stock of how I'm doing with all my reading challenges.  Also (of course) need to work on getting more reviews written and posted -- but that's a never-ending battle with me, I'm afraid.  


2 comments:

  1. April was a good month for you. Hopefully May will be just as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd love to be able to read that many in May, too. But I'm a really SLOW reader, so it would be a real stretch. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.