Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays: As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust


This week my teaser lines come from As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust, the 7th  book in Alan Bradley's Flavia de Luce Mystery series.  I read this one earlier this year, but haven't reviewed it yet. This snippet comes from Chapter Five (page 77):
Who was she? How had she died? How long had she been hidden in the chimney?
And -- most tantalizing -- how and why had she come to be wrapped in a Union Jack?
Well, those are all very good questions, aren't they?  Flavia does lead an interesting life -- especially for a twelve-year-old.



Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.


6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun read. Mine is from a non-fiction book about a young female chess prodigy from Uganda. http://eyesandearsblog.blogspot.com/2015/06/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's definitely an unusual murder! Sounds like a good story.
    My Tuesday post features The Chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the first two in this series ... I need to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't yet read this author, but I am intrigued. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE CRY”

    ReplyDelete
  5. This books always have the best titles. :-) I haven't yet read any of them, but someday perhaps.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.