Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays: Slade House


This week my teaser lines come from Slade House, David Mitchell's new novel (from Random House) that's just out today. This snippet is from page 134, or Location 1521 of the e-book version:
...here's the small black iron door. Stupidly, I look back, like you never should in stories. The figures flicker nearer.
And she really should not have looked back.

You'll probably be hearing a lot about that small black iron door in the weeks ahead -- this book seems to be one of the hot items in the literary world this season.



Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by Jenn at Daily Rhythm. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds scary. Here's my TT link: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-Zp

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time to see this one. Interesting teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear! Another book to add to my stack! The teaser on my adult blog comes from a new military thriller - Tenacity by J. S. Law. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely curious about that small black iron door! Looking back is rarely a good idea.
    My Tuesday post features Shem Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah don't look back! Too late, apparently... :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.