Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?


This week my teaser lines come from Henry Farrell's classic thriller/horror novel, What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? -- the book that served as inspiration for another classic, the 1962 movie starring Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. This snippet is from the first paragraph of Chapter 11 (p.132 of the paperback edition) -- sorry it's a little more than two sentences:
Jane awoke in darkness, her heart pounding. All around her was a threat of something, a terrible, encircling danger. Her head throbbed, and there was a bad taste in her mouth. She reached out in a frightened, tentative effort to determine where she was. Her hand touched a warm softness....
And I'm not telling what that warm softness turns out to be. You'll just have to read the book if you want to know more.



Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Jenn at Books and a Beat. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember the movie, but haven't read the book...it sounds creepy/good. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “BLOOD DEFENSE”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never saw the movie because it sounded too scary for me. I do remember a scene from the movie trailer that involved rats. Could that be the "warm softness?"
    My Tuesday post features HANGTOWN CREEK – A Tale of the California Gold Rush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie really creeped me out. I'd love to read the book and then watch it again, if I could find it. The movie is quite old.

    My TT from Sister Dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I saw the movie with you -- and my worst nightmare was to grow old and look like Bette Davis in that movie. Until I cut my hair shorter I kinda sorta did.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.