Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Challenge Wrap-Up: 2016 Vintage Mystery Cover Scavenger Hunt


Host: Bev @ My Reader's Block

I read five books for the scavenger hunt, and the minimum requirement was six. So I didn't totally wipe out, but definitely could have done better. Still, this is one of my favorite challenges and I've already signed up for the 2017 edition.

I read Silver Age mysteries (1960-1989), so I was working with this list of objects:


And the books I read:

1. Lovely in Her Bones. Sharyn McCrumb (first published 1985)
....For the scavenger hunt: Skull on cover (cover photo is the actual paperback edition I read)



2. Picture Miss Seeton (Miss Seeton #1). Heron Carvic (first published 1968; read but not reviewed)
....For the scavenger hunt: Just One Person on cover (I have several editions of this book and this cover is one of them; I actually read an electronic edition which didn't have a cover picture)



3. Knots and Crosses (Inspector Rebus #1). Ian Rankin (first published 1987; read but not reviewed)
....For the scavenger hunt: Rope/Hangman's Noose on cover (above cover is from the mass market paperback edition; I actually read the Kindle edition, cover shown below)



4. The Clocks (Hercule Poirot #34). Agatha Christie (first published 1963; read but not reviewed)
....For the scavenger hunt: Clock/Timepiece on cover (cover below is from the Kindle edition I read)



5. Curtain: Poirot's Last Case (Hercule Poirot #39). Agatha Christie (first published 1975; read but not reviewed)
....For the scavenger hunt: Bottle of Poison on cover (cover below is from the Kindle edition I read)



I think I got all of that right. One of the things I like about this challenge is that keeping track of all the details is very.... well, challenging. Keeps the little grey cells churning, right Poirot? Anyway, it was fun and I'm looking forward to next year's hunt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.