Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Teaser Tuesday: Anything Is Possible


This week my teaser lines come from Elizabeth Strout's new novel, Anything Is Possible (Random House, April 2017). This snippet comes from page 41, or Location 459 of the Kindle edition.
Little dust bunnies were gathered up and down the floor. "Oh dear," Patty said. She said that a few times, sitting on her bed. "Oh dear, oh dear," she said.
This just really jumped out at me, for some reason. Not that there are any dust bunnies in my house, of course. Yeah. Just don't look under the bed.





If you'd like to see more Teaser Tuesday offerings, or do some teasing yourself, just head on over to The Purple Booker and leave your link. And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.


2 comments:

  1. Ha-ha...dust bunnies suddenly sound spooky, in this excerpt. I have been curious about the book after having read My Name Is Lucy Barton. I didn't read Olive Kitteridge, but loved the mini-series. So I do enjoy this author's perspective and how she creates interesting characters and story.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “NOT A SOUND”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like me. LOL You've caught my attention:)

    My TT from Goofy Newfies

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.